Granite is one of the most beautiful types of stones you can find, it is also one of the most durable and one of the best material to be a countertop surface used for households such as kitchen and bathrooms. There are a lot of companies out there that fabricate granite countertops and there are tons of choices in terms of variations, colors, and styles of the granite that you can purchase.
However, before you even check out a granite countertop slab, you should be very knowledgeable about this and apply several important considerations before you even make a final decision. To help you out, here are some great buying tips that can iron out your concerns and inquiries whenever you need before you can do Granite Selection and choose which one is best for your countertop.
- Make sure you visit a physical showroom to see varieties of granite– Make sure that you can visit and view a granite showroom so that you can find the best match for your space. This is because granite countertop slabs come in nearly a myriad of varieties in styles, colors, and patterns, so make sure you choose the one that fits well in your kitchen or bathroom’s interior design.
- Collect samples– Aside from visiting a showroom, make sure you collect samples of different granite types from the showrooms that you have visited and set these on the room that you are planning to install a granite countertop. Compare the granite samples and contrast them against the color and the size of the room’s interior to make sure it is perfectly matched in terms of style, pattern, and color.
- Determine which sample best fits the room’s style and needs-Before you finalize the type of granite countertop style that you want to choose. You can perform some simple tests so that you can make sure that the granite is of good quality. Test the granite’s porosity by letting some several drops of water to sit on it for about 15 minutes. After it, you can wipe away the water with a clean paper towel and check if there is any residue that is left behind because this is where you can determine how porous the granite material is in terms of its water absorption level. Also, test the granite for its acidity resistance.
- Make sure you purchase from reputable granite fabricators– You can do this by asking for some referrals from your friends, relatives, or workmates or you can do some research on the internet or visit different showrooms in your area. You can also read recommendations from customers through online reviews that are unbiased to ensure that your money will have its value with the purchase knowing that granite countertops are not that cheap.
- Choose which edge works best for you– There are different types of granite countertops that are aesthetically good in terms of its edges. Make sure that the granite fabricator can provide you a review of the edges they can offer to you.